Nov 25, 2011

Life in Grand Rapids just keeps getting better

Revelers at this year's Just Wicked party (formerly the Deadutante Ball) at the JW
There isn't a better time to live in Grand Rapids than right now. Get a glimpse of what this past year has been like by reading my latest The Good Life column in Shore Magazine. Click here.

For more photos...see below


My daughter, Margaux, in front of the ArtPrize mosaic in the GR Children's Museum
Rob Bliss' 1st Electronic Music Night
Salsa Pachanga Nights at the JW
ArtPrize display in the GR Art Museum
Arthur Murray dancers perform at the JW's quarterly Pachanga parties
The new CitySen lounge at the CityFlats Hotel
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse at the Amway Grand Plaza

2 comments:

Kurt Stauffer said...

George,

You do an amazing job of making Grand Rapids look like Rio de Janeiro. What I would love to see is one of the local publication (perhaps the new M-Live) make a commitment to following the local beat for locals.

I'm pretty involved Grand Rapids (very active member of the Wealthy Street Business Alliance, own a local business, do business with other local businesses), so I was surprised to read your article and note that I've never been to any of the events or places you are promoting (except for ArtPrize).

Your style and production value and writing are all wonderful and they appear to promote Grand Rapids as a destination, which considering your role as GM of the JW, makes perfect sense. I enjoy following your posts and travels so don't take this as a criticism of your work. I'm just suggesting that there is an appetite in Grand Rapids for reporting and reviewing local, neighborhood businesses, people, events that make Grand Rapids a great place to live and work, not just visit. How can we get this done?
Keep up the good work.

sathya said...

Money doesn't mean anything to me. I've made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.
just visit www.mydeals247.com